Saturday, May 2, 2009

SSHTunel.exe crashes in TorrentPrivacy


I have seen an increase in the SSHTunel process stopping for no apparent reason over the last few days.

I have not upgraded my TP software and as far as I know nothing else has changed on the computer that is exclusively dedicated to torrenting. Maybe TP are having some difficulties at the server end? This post is to put an observation out there in case others are seeing this. I have not checked on the TP forum as yet.

When the process stops, although there is an automatic re-start (so TP tell us) that does not occur until the MS dialog that warns you that a process has terminated, and do you want to send a report to MS, has been cleared.
Therefore all downloads seem to stall and a manual reset is necessary.

The SSHTunel process does indeed restart as it can be monitored under Windows Task Manager. What I do is to go to the "Processes" tab and highlight the SSHTunel.exe process and then click on the column header for the CPU. The SSHTunel process, if running, will appear near or at the top of the list. The amount of CPU time that it is consuming will depend on the number of connections (active upload/downloads) that you have at any given time.

SSHTunnel crash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm dealing with the same problem, minus the process restarting. The process doesn't restart at all, leaving it for me to do manually every time which is very annoying. Their support is minimal at best, giving answers that have bad grammar and full of typos, along with no explanation of their answer other than to do things. Apparently I am supposed to stop Windows Error and Reporting from running, but gave no reason to why this makes for a proper fix, or even how to do it.