Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Secondary ("disposable") Email Addresses

I recommend that you use a secondary e-mail address when communicating with this web-site and any other web-site that you are not familiar with.

Many ISPs and email providers offer the ability to create "throw-away" addresses so that you do not have to reveal you true or primary email address.

Update 5 May 2012

Having to setup another email account after one appeared to have been compromised. It highlighted the need to use "disposable" or secondary email addresses for subscriptions. This was something that the Roger's technician concurred was a good idea. Also, the fact that I was talking directly to Roger's who were looking directly at my Internet accounts, it was clear that there were no notes on my file that there was any suspicion of any activity on my Internet connection that was not anything than approved by Rogers.
This was a prime opportunity for them to ask about whether I had been using my connection to run a web server.

1 comment:

Ottawa said...

disposable emai addresses rogers