Sunday, May 15, 2011

Where did SP1 go?

I did have a post that was called "SP1 becomes kb2533552"

Microsoft seems to have pulled kb976932 and have possibly replaced it with kb2533552.

I have applied SP1 to a number of machines (and they are the ones that I have had some Windows Update problems). The computers on which I am waiting had kb976932 in the list of important updates but not pre-selected for installation. This has now disappeared and kb2533552 is now the update that is in the list to be installed.

My advice is not to install kb2533552 until it is forced.

Once again, this issue seems to be being ignored in the computer press. It is either because that it is a minority problem that only affects pirate versions of Windows 7 or it is only occurring a a few machines. It is my observation that most of the searches that hit this blog and my website (WRT this update) are from regions where I think that it is more likely that pirating is occuring.

1 comment:

UK Musings said...

Update:

SP1 came back after kb2533552 was installed by Windows Update