Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Skydrive vs. Google Drive

Maybe I am just too "old school" but I am not impressed with these offerings. Having worked out how to configure my own Cloud Storage solutions and how to make all the data and files available on the devices that I want, I can't really see what these two products bring to the table.


The biggest barrier to entry for me with Microsoft's Skydrive is the same one as I have with Messenger and Hotmail - I have to log-in to Windows Live.
The problem I have with Live is that whenever I do the device that I try and use a Live application on seems to get "polluted" with things that I don't want and will never use.

To be fair, the same can be said about the Google Cloud Solution - here I have to log-in to my Google account. However, the reason that this is less onerous for me is that I use GMail, Google Analytics and Blogger. I do not use many of the other Google apps such as Google Docs or Code - there are many other "waste of time apps" that I don't need to mention.


As far as which service is "best" - time will tell. All I know there is little to be gained from a "pissing match" on who offers the most free storage. How much does physical storage cost these days!!?


1 comment:

Sandy Utah said...

A visit signed in to a Google account