Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ZoneEdit Problems and Twitter

There seems to be little point in having a Twitter feed if there is no useful information regarding the outage posted on it?

Please post a comment and tell everyone what you think

Update: ZoneEdit website is now up [5:27 EST] - but you still cannot log-in:


This update was made after following Twitter - not many replies from @ZoneEdit

On the positive side, all this time the DNS service seemed to have been running. However, you would have been SOL if your IP address had changed.

If I were still using the ZoneEdit my website would have remained up all this time. The only reason that I know that the service was having problems was that I chanced to try and log in to my account (2 days ago). I have no idea how long the admin functions had been down before that as the last time I was in there was at the beginning of the month.
A made a blog post on the chance that there were others that were seeing problems - boy! was I right.

The take-away from this is: If the admin interface goes down and is not explained, what is to say that the actual DNS service will actually fail....... We are not going to get an explanation in a timely manner.

There must be thousands of ZoneEdit users that are totally unaware that there was a problem over the last few days. Still, unlike Twitter, this blog post will remain for those that search for problems with ZoneEdit

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

2 comments:

UK Musings said...

Update: The service seems to be fully running this morning (6:52am).

I can login and view/edit my account settings.

As I say, I wonder how many customers were unaware of anything being wrong over the last couple of days.

Visits to me ZoneEdit pages were well down for today after peaking yesterday.

Lancaster, Pa said...

zoneedit problems

As far as I know there are no current problems with ZoneEdit at the present time.