Monday, April 23, 2012

ZoneEdit Web interface down

It is my suspicion that the ZoneEdit web interface is currently down. (please note that this was on the 23 April 2012 - if you have been searching for ZoneEdit problems after that then this is not the post for you)

Making searches I find that it has been relatively frequently in the past and has even been target of DDOS attacks. I am not saying that this is the case at the present time but I am unable to log on to my account to change my DNS settings.

The DNS services still seem to be working and my domain is resolving through their nameservers to the IP address that I set up before.

The email forwarding is also still working.

This is only of minor inconvenience as I am not relying on the service at the present time. It may, however be vindication that I moved my reliance from their services last month.

I will continue to try and log on - the message that I get it that a bad server response was returned (or some other nonsense message - I get the same message if I try and confirm my password using their in-line tool). In the unlikely even that others are experiencing the same problem, and for historical record, this post is for that purpose.



3 comments:

UK Musings said...

Judging by the number of hits this post has received in the last hour I think that it is safe to say that there is a current problem with ZoneEdit.

These hits are from South America to Europe

John said...

The Zone Edit website is now down completely!!

Let's hope it will be up soon - this is not good.

Laphroaig said...

Help!

I have been trying to update my new IP address for the last 24 hrs.

Can anyone tell me what I can do going forward........

I am prepared to pay for a good reliable DNS service.